Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton Outskirts Expedition Event Feedback

SleepyMode

Community Manager
Community Manager
Developer
Making this thread to concentrate feedback on the Edmonton Outskirts Expedition event we ran the past week.

Write about anything that was good enough to keep doing or that needs to be changed, we'd love to hear anything constructive you have to say. :)

p.s.
Massive thanks to all of the staff members who helped write, oversee and create content for the event.

1. I really liked the different weather that was on the map. The day was changing to night, rain and thunder could be turned off, the clouds were coming and going. It was awesome.

2. The map itself was pretty big and we didn't even explore some areas. This is actually a plus and a minus. The plus side is that the whole thing actually felt like an outskirt, where anywhere we would go, we would find something new to work with and roleplay on. The minus thing is that all that work in creating all these locations went into pretty much nothing, since some locations haven't been used due to lack of players. It adds to the atmosphere of a big place, but also makes the mappers', developers' and other people's work on this map underappreciate.

3. The Xenian Creatures mechanic works awesomely, with almost all of them having their own special attacks and animations, health, restrictions, etc. I've noticed some bugs though:

• When changing back to the human character after playing a Xenian creature, you retain the model of the xenian creature still, until you are respawned by the staff. You also get rid of the ability to jump if that ability was restricted in the xenian creature you were playing with, for example a houndeye and a bullsquid. Respawning at that point doesn't help.
  • The same issue applies when you change to Ichtyosaur after playing another xenian creature. The model doesn't change to the dino fish.
  • Panther is not coded accurately to the mechanics in the Half-Life Alpha. The main feature that can be spotted in their name even, is their high speed of movement. However, in GMod, they are the slowest xenians out there. Even headcrabs are faster when jumping around. The panthers can't run and they only walk for some reason.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the mechanics of headcrabs and antlions. Both of them are on top.

4. The field hospital location was amazing and played a huge role in the event. Really enjoyed the feeling of treating someone in not an actual medical place but just an organised tent. Awesome.

5. I enjoyed the lore of the raiders being religious fanatics over crystals. Just wish it would develop a bit more, seeing as not a lot of people caught on their motivation and stuff. Though I understand it was not done due to lack of players.

Overall, this was an amazing event in my opinion. Massive thank you to all the staff members that worked on it ❤️

I want to massive thanks to the Gamemasters and staff members who worked for LimeFruit Black Mesa. I would recommend the server mentioned in the review. :)

All of us are good roleplayers. :D

Last edited:
Back