Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lab Ambience

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarasRex

The Citrus Fruit
Veteran
Discord Name: tarasrex
Steam Name: TarasRex
What is this suggestion for?: Server
The Suggestion: Remove the ambience sound of ant lions in the distance and add some ambience that would make sense. Whenever I play on the server, I always put ambience, the link to which is below, on repeat, because the ambience in the actual facility is basically noneexistant except for ant lion machines in the distance for some reason. I suggest adding some kind of white noise to the server when you are in the sub-level area. If not the sound that I sent below, then something else. It's just too quiet
Links: https://youtu.be/-tArcD82jm8

Very annoying white noise. If we add this, I would like an option to disable it whilst not disabling the usual RP-Sounds like walking, shooting and such.
Additionally, I almost always have something else going on in my second screen (like netflix or yt) and that would really kill it.

You shouldn't be hearing any Antlion noises. We actually already have soundscapes in place at several locations, including the laboratories, but there seem to be issues with it. I will have a look at the map, and revise the soundscapes.

Very annoying white noise. If we add this, I would like an option to disable it whilst not disabling the usual RP-Sounds like walking, shooting and such.
Additionally, I almost always have something else going on in my second screen (like netflix or yt) and that would really kill it.
That's fair. I personally don't find it annoying at all. Helps me concentrate. Having a second screen must be awesome though
You shouldn't be hearing any Antlion noises. We actually already have soundscapes in place at several locations, including the laboratories, but there seem to be issues with it. I will have a look at the map, and revise the soundscapes.
Really? I keep hearing the very distant noises of the ant lion machines from combine, that hit the ground and make an explosion-like sound in the distance in every bit of the map

Really? I keep hearing the very distant noises of the ant lion machines from combine, that hit the ground and make an explosion-like sound in the distance in every bit of the map
I personally do not hear anything like that, must be an addon that changes a base game sound or something.

Haven't heard anything either but a bunch of people complained.
Conflicting add-ons maybe?

Taras I had the same issue on another server in HL2RP. I heard combat and antlion sounds in Neuxus. Later I was told that there no such sounds present on the map and it was actually my content conflicting.

Taras I had the same issue on another server in HL2RP. I heard combat and antlion sounds in Neuxus. Later I was told that there no such sounds present on the map and it was actually my content conflicting.
I only have all addons, published by Zoephix, as well as other needed content for the server, but that's it. I'll try to unsibscribe from everything, except the server files.

Moving this to bug reports for tracking.

I still hear distant sounds that reassamble thunder or grumble. And no, it is not tied to the weather, I can tell. The same noises, like a distant work of the ant lion machine, stomping on the ground, I'm not sure. These are the addons I'm subscribed to:
I don't know if any of them are creating some kind of sound problem.

I still hear distant sounds that reassamble thunder or grumble. And no, it is not tied to the weather, I can tell. The same noises, like a distant work of the ant lion machine, stomping on the ground, I'm not sure. These are the addons I'm subscribed to:
I don't know if any of them are creating some kind of sound problem.

Did you by any chance try verifying your game files? Maybe one of your files corrupted and is now using a soundscape from hl2.

Also you could try the command "stopsoundscape" ingame and maybe it'll have an effect.

Did you by any chance try verifying your game files? Maybe one of your files corrupted and is now using a soundscape from hl2.

Also you could try the command "stopsoundscape" ingame and maybe it'll have an effect.
Just veryfied, all the files are in tact.
Can't use cheat command "stopsoundscape" in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1. So unable to do that

I know i am late to this but i can confirm this, if you stand outside the main building you will hear it.

You can even see the sound files listed via soundlist

Attachments

• soundlist.png
    soundlist.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
I know i am late to this but i can confirm this, if you stand outside the main building you will hear it.

You can even see the sound files listed via soundlist
You are not late, I can still hear those sounds.
I confirmed though that they are not ant-lion machine noises. They are just distant thunder or grumble. I found out that the only place where I can't hear them is the tram station, aka the spawn point. Once I get into the lobby, the sounds start coming.
So you think they are those ambiet_level/cave/distant grub and growl sounds? It might be them. Does anyone know how do I get rid of those sounds?

You are not late, I can still hear those sounds.
I confirmed though that they are not ant-lion machine noises. They are just distant thunder or grumble. I found out that the only place where I can't hear them is the tram station, aka the spawn point. Once I get into the lobby, the sounds start coming.
So you think they are those ambiet_level/cave/distant grub and growl sounds? It might be them. Does anyone know how do I get rid of those sounds?

You could if you really wanted download gcfscape and manually delete the sound files from your garrys mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back