Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engineering and Operations Projects

hey breezy

Lime Spirit
HL2RP Project Manager
Engineering and Operations Projects

In Engineering and Operations, we aren’t limited to only maintaining the facility. We are also allowed to start projects and aid our colleagues in the Science Department! Any Engineer that has been promoted from Junior Engineer has the right to start any project, whether it be making a simple wireless device to control something or making a full on vehicle, however the project will still have to be Accepted or Denied by Management.

The following form is to be used in order to communicate an idea for a project:
When you want to post a new project idea, you MUST reply to this thread and not make a separate one!
Engineering Project
Name: (Self-explanatory)
Position: (Engineer, Senior Engineer...)

Project Participants: (the other Engineers that are participating in the project, including yourself)
Project Idea: (ex: Tram, New Weapon for the Security Department, PDA...)
Explanation: (Communicate the materials that will be used, the tools that will need to be used, the different steps to your project and its final purpose)
Should the Science Department be involved?: (Yes or no? If yes, why?)

Additional Notes: (Anything else you'd like to add)

Last edited:
Name: Akira Ovaiss
Position: Engineer

Project Participants: Akira Ovaiss
Project Idea: Sector C-wide Operating System Update
Explanation: During orientation and tour briefing in the Sector, I was notified by Dr. Eric Churchill that most - if not all - computers on-site run Windows 10, 8, 7, or '98. With the recent release of Windows 11 by the Microsoft Corporation, it wouldn't be hard to get a business-licensed copy of Windows 11. This OS update pertains mainly to personal computers and the like and will be done room by room. At most, it should take a week.

Now, there is likely a more enormous beast to be tamed. The Anti-Mass Spectrometer itself runs off of Windows '98 and so do most of its servers. To update one bit is to update the whole thing. I do have a solution for this that I will discuss with Doctor Churchill through the intranet.
Should the Science Department be involved?: Science Department involvement is not required for this part. Part two will be a separate request.

Additional Notes: It's likely Dr. Churchill will be directly overseeing the updating of his and his fellow Directors' computers. I will note now that as the resident I.T. Expert for the Sector, if people require assistance with the new Windows 11 software, they can contact me.

Back